Dave was wanting some biscuits and gravy one Saturday morning but didn't want to leave to go to a restaurant or to a store. We happen to have the ingredients and I happen to have an old recipe of mine that is easy and really good. So he got busy making them. Here is the video (click on the picture) and the recipe below.
Makes 12 Drop Biscuits and 1 Quart of Sausage Gravy
👨🍳 BISCUITS INGREDIENTS:
2 Cups flour
1 Stick of Melted Butter (1/2 Cup)
1 Cup Milk
1 Tbls Baking Powder
2 teas. Sugar
1/4 teas Salt
👨🍳 GRAVY INGREDIENTS:
1 pound roll of Sausage - Note: If you don't have sausage or don't want to use sausage add 1/4 teas. of sage and 1/4 teas of thyme (optional)
4 Cups warm Milk
1 Stick of Butter (1/2 Cup)
3/4 Cups of Flour
1 teas. Salt (add more to your liking)
1 teas. Pepper (add more to your liking....we like a lot more)
Make the biscuits first so while they are baking you can make the gravy.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Put dry ingredients in bowl.
3. Add melted butter and milk into the dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
4. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
5. Drop dollops of the mixture about the size of an egg onto cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 8 - 12 minutes until edges are brown.
🥣 Sausage Gravy Recipe:
1. Heat the milk in the microwave until warm and set aside.
2. Put dry ingredients in bowl, mix together and set aside.
3. Cook roll of sausage in large pan until done. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Melt butter in large pan with left over sausage drippings.
5. Whisk dry ingredients into butter over medium heat until it turns light brown (about 3 - 6 minutes). This makes a roux.
6. Stir in warm milk and keep whisking to get out any lumps and it thickens.
7. Add cooked sausage and stir. Put on low.
8. Add more salt and pepper to your taste.
9. Add more milk or water if you like a thinner gravy.